Private Coach: Kamil Haque
Around 74% of people around the world suffer some form of Glossophobia, the fear of public speaking. Actors are in many ways no different from public speakers or presenters. As such, actors too can be caught up in their own forms of performance anxiety or stress. The difference is that with the appropriate understanding of the self, an enhanced method of preparation and knowing how to sharpen one’s tools and one’s talent, an actor can overcome his/her obstacles.
Private Coaching for public speaking is designed to be tailored for the individual. In-depth analysis of the speaker will be established, problems will be identified (both surface and underlying) before a customized strategy is developed to suit your needs. Borrowing from both the public speaking world as well as the theatre world, the coach will employ several acting methodologies, body and speech tools and exercises to unlock your capacity to be a confident, charismatic and calm-under-pressure public speaker.
$150 per one hour session (minimum 4 hours)
Private Fees Notes:
- All private coaching sessions must and will only be organized with HCAC on behalf of the coach.
- Private coaching sessions will take place at HCAC unless otherwise specified.
- Fees shown for private coaching in Singapore only and shall not include any fees or expenses required for any additional support or transport costs to locations other than HCAC.
- Unless otherwise instructed, participants shall provide their own scripts, props, costumes, and/or any other equipment, including, but not limited to, video and sound recording and playback devices as required.
- Payment for services rendered is due before or immediately after each session.
- If in-person coaching is required in any location other than HCAC, transportation costs will be covered by client or their manager/agent.
Kamil Haque is the founder and Artistic Director of Haque Centre of Acting & Creativity. After 8 years working & coaching in LA Kamil returned to Singapore in 2013 to establish HCAC. He graduated top of his class from the American Musical & Dramatic Academy with a BA(Hons) in Acting. He is also the first and only Asian to be given the privilege to train and then coach at the Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute. Kamil has also been a working observer at the world-renowned The Actor’s Studio, Head Acting Instructor at East West Players and Global Internship Director at the Company of Angels. To date, Kamil has coached over 1000 students, many of which have appeared on stage as well as in film, television shows & national commercials around the world. Please also see this link.