Friday, 7.30pm — 10.30pm
20% Early-Bird Discount
For workshops starting in Jan 2020, enter “earlys1″ from 6 Nov 2019 to 16 Dec 2019.
30% Bundle Discount
25% for all workshops with HCAC Student Card (No Expiry) Apply here.
[Attend Method Productions shows] http://methodactingasia.com/events/
26 November 2019
Who is the workshop for?This workshop is designed for the newcomer to film and TV. The workshop is open to anyone from all backgrounds, minimum age for admission is 13 and above.What is the workshop about?Going on set for the first time can be a daunting experience, this workshop will get you comfortable with all the practical and technical aspects of working on camera as well as the terminology used. The workshop will be interactive and will give you a full understanding of how a set works who is involved and what it is exactly they do. You will learn the difference between acting for the camera and live theatre and the subtleties involved depending on the camera setups.
- Understanding the roles each department plays on set
- Getting comfortable with the terminology used on set
- Understanding technical direction in front of the camera
- Learning about the process involved
Emil Marwa has been a professional actor for over 25 years. Emil first realised he wanted to act at the tender age of 8 when he played Peter in a school production of “Peter And The Wolf”. At 13, he made his TV debut as a regular in the BBC kids show “Grange Hill”, various commercials and TV roles followed. He then went on to study Acting at Rose Bruford college of Speech and Drama in London graduating with a BA Honours. Please also see this link.
- Adjusting to different shot sizes
- Cheating for the camera
- Single camera and multi camera setups
- Hitting a single mark
- Multi mark blocking
- Volume levels
- The various departments involved
- Understanding the language used on set
- Ability to apply basic technical understanding to a performance in front of the camera
- Realising the team work involved in a TV/Film production
26 November 2019