Wednesday, 1.00pm — 4.00pm
Friday, 1.00pm — 4.00pm
Once payment is successfully made, your slot is confirmed unless we email you to indicate.
A reminder email will be sent nearer to the workshop date to you to prepare for the workshop.
20% Early-Bird Discount
For workshops starting in March 2019, enter ‘earlys3’ from 28 Feb 2019 to 22 April 2019.
30% Bundle Discount
25% for all workshops with HCAC Student Card (No Expiry)
Only one discount code can be applied per order
[Attend Method Productions shows]
14 in stock
23 May 2019
Who is this workshop for?
Everyone. We welcome both actors and non-actors with an interest in performing arts / improvisation / storytelling.
This workshop is open to anyone from all backgrounds.
Minimum age for admission is 16 and above.
Wed 1.00pm – 4.00pm
Fri 1.00 – 4.00pm
May 29th, May 31st, June 5, June 7, 12, 14, 19, 21
Left In Stitches on Saturday June 22nd, 8pm
There will be a showcase on Friday 22nd June 2019, 8pm to 10pm!
Take a look at how improvisation workshop is conducted in the video!
How does Improv help in my life or work?
Read this Forbes article on how improvisation training help people in work and communication.
Read this article on how improvisation could just change your perspective.
About This Workshop
With a focus on short form storytelling, the purpose of this course is to make the students proficient in the art of improvising short scenes and improv games.
Every lesson will be structured in three parts :
- A brief introduction of the concepts that will be studied and what will be expected of the students in each exercise.
- Exercises – most of which will be systematically debriefed.
By the end of the course, the improvisers will be completely able to be in their own show in front of an audience which will be the final result of the course.
After the 8 sessions, a team will be formed, ready to take the stage.
Each semester culminates in a showcase of skills for the public.
Participants will be paid a percentage of the box office to incentivise professional work.
About the public showcase
Tickets for the Left In Stitches Comedic Improv Showcase are available at $10 via Method Productions
Do I get a discount?
Please refer to our early bird promotions.
Improv Alumni Members wishing to perform
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest!
Improvisation Students Alumni
Returning students of the workshop may sign up at 50% off at $200.00 if you have the
HCAC Student Membership card. Email us for discount code!
- Exercises on theatrical space, status and creative processes from personal truth
- Short, informal lectures on Improvisation
- Character and short scene work
- Mastery of a competitive improv format
Arnaud has worked with various coaches on various different improv formats for 8 years: from the very narrative style of Keith Johnstone to Del Close’s organic approach through to Viola Spolin’s games-based format. He has performed with a variety of different improv troupes in France, and in national and international festivals. Please also see this link.
- Introduction to the basics of creative scene work, spontaneous comedy and character development
- Reduce fear mechanisms
- Crafting interesting scenes and stories
- Creative collaboration and team work through improv team exercises
- Engaging an audience
- Greater awareness of the evolution and history of improv
- Form an ensemble to incubate for the international stage
- Think creatively and confidently under great pressure and limited time
- Understanding of the power of “group mind” and let go of inhibitions and commit to impulses
14 in stock
23 May 2019