Wednesday, 7.30pm — 10.30pm
20% Early-Bird Discount
For workshops starting in October 2019, enter “earlys5″ from 15 Aug 2019 to 15 Sept 2019.
30% Bundle Discount
25% for all workshops with HCAC Student Card (No Expiry) Apply here.
[Attend Method Productions shows] http://methodactingasia.com/events/
14 October 2019
Who is this workshop for?
Everyone. We welcome both actors and non-actors with an interest in performing arts / improvisation / storytelling.
This workshop is open to anyone from all backgrounds.
Minimum age for admission is 16 and above.
There will be a showcase, “Left In Stitches” on Dec 6th May 2019, 8pm to 9.30pm!
Take a look at how improvisation workshop is conducted, as described by Arnaud in the video!
How does Improv help in my life or work?
Read this Forbes article on how improvisation training help people in work and communication.
Read this article on how improvisation could just change your perspective.
About This Workshop
With a focus on short form storytelling, the purpose of this course is to make the students proficient in the art of improvising short scenes as played in an improv match.
Every lesson will be structured in three parts :
- A brief introduction of the concepts that will be studied and what will be expected of the students in each exercise.
- Exercises – most of which will be systematically debriefed.
After the 8 weeks, an improv team will be formed, ready to take the stage.
Each semester culminates in a showcase of skills for the public.
Participants will be paid a percentage of the box office to incentivize professional work.
About the public showcase
Tickets for the “Left In Stitches” Comedic Improv Showcase are available at $10 via Method Productions
Do I get a discount?
Please refer to our early bird promotions.
Improv Alumni Members wishing to perform
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest!
Improvisation Students Alumni
Returning students of the workshop may sign up at 50% off at $200.00 if you have the
HCAC Student Membership card. Email us for discount code!
- Exercises on theatrical space, status and creative processes from personal truth
- Short, informal lectures on Improvisation
- Character and short scene work
- Mastery of a competitive improv format
Arnaud has worked with various coaches on various different improv formats for 8 years: from the very narrative style of Keith Johnstone to Del Close’s organic approach through to Viola Spolin’s games-based format. He has performed with a variety of different improv troupes in France, and in national and international festivals. Please also see this link.
- Introduction to the basics of creative scene work, spontaneous comedy and character development
- Reduce fear mechanisms
- Crafting interesting scenes and stories
- Creative collaboration and team work through improv team exercises
- Engaging an audience
- Greater awareness of the evolution and history of improv
- Form an ensemble to incubate for the international stage
- Think creatively and confidently under great pressure and limited time
- Understanding of the power of “group mind” and let go of inhibitions and commit to impulses
14 October 2019