Monday, 7.30pm — 10.30pm
20% Early-Bird Discount
For workshops starting in August 2019, enter “earlys4″ from 28 May 2019 to 30 June 2019.
30% Bundle Discount
25% for all workshops with HCAC Student Card (No Expiry) Apply here.
Payment Plans Available There are payment /installment plans available. Please visit this page for more info or email to email@example.com. Only one discount code can be applied per order
“Out of Stock” means the workshop is full. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your Name, Email & Contact Number to request to be on the waiting list.
[Attend Method Productions shows] http://methodactingasia.com/events/
2 August 2019
Who is this workshop for?
Everyone. We welcome both actors and non-actors with an interest in performing arts / improvisation / storytelling.
This workshop is open to anyone from all backgrounds.
Minimum age for admission is 16 and above.
You must have completed the Comedic Improvisation (Introduction) workshop at HCAC or have had prior improv training elsewhere.
There will be a showcase, “Left In Stitches” on Friday 27th Sept 2019, 8pm to 9.30pm!
Take a look at how improvisation workshop is conducted, as described by Prescott in the video!
How does Improv help in my life or work?
Read this Forbes article on how improvisation training help people in work and communication.
Read this article on how improvisation could just change your perspective.
About This Workshop
With a focus on long-form storytelling, the purpose of this course is to make the students proficient in the art of improvising scenes and creating characters.
Every lesson will be structured in three parts :
- A brief introduction of the concepts that will be studied and what will be expected of the students in each exercise.
- Exercises – most of which will be systematically debriefed.
By the end of the course, the improvisers will be completely able to be in their own show in front of an audience which will be the final result of the course.
After the 8 sessions, a team will be formed, ready to take the stage.
Each semester culminates in a showcase of skills for the public.
Participants will be paid a percentage of the box office to incentivise professional work.
About the public showcase
Tickets for the Left In Stitches Comedic Improv Showcase are available at $10 via Method Productions
Do I get a discount?
Please refer to our early bird promotions.
Improv Alumni Members wishing to perform
Please contact us at email@example.com to express your interest!
Improvisation Students Alumni
Returning students of the workshop may sign up at 50% off at $200.00 if you have the
HCAC Student Membership card. Email us for discount code!
- Exercises on theatrical space, status and creative processes from personal truth
- Short, informal lectures on Improvisation
- Character and short scene work
- Mastery of a competitive improv format
Prescott Gaylord is the former Artistic Director of the Baltimore Improv Group, and creator of ‘Unscripted – an improvised play in two acts,’ a show that has enjoyed sold out runs in Baltimore over the past 9 years. He has directed large and small scale improvised projects in several cities in the US including, ‘Skinesthesia – Body Painted Improv’, ‘The Movement’ (with modern dance troupe “The Collective”), and ‘Secrets’ (improvised storytelling and secret sharing). He has performed in and directed shows in improv festivals in Baltimore, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Bethlehem, Washington DC, Austin, New York, Shanghai, Manila, Singapore, and Chicago. Before escaping to Singapore, Prescott was a performing member of Lekker, and Evan the Loyal (in which he performed fully wordless sets from time to time). He now performs with Singapore troupes The Latecomers and NotOK.
- Introduction to the basics of creative scene work, spontaneous comedy and character development
- Reduce fear mechanisms
- Crafting interesting scenes and stories
- Creative collaboration and team work through improv team exercises
- Engaging an audience
- Greater awareness of the evolution and history of improv
- Form an ensemble to incubate for the international stage
- Think creatively and confidently under great pressure and limited time
- Understanding of the power of “group mind” and let go of inhibitions and commit to impulses
2 August 2019