HCAC Enrolment Policies
All individuals applying to enrol in workshops or engage the services of HCAC (the School) will first have to read our enrolment agreement, either on paper or online, stating that they understand all of the following:
That they have signed the enrolment policy and, by doing so, are agreeing to our terms and conditions:
- Individuals must be 12 years and older, unless otherwise stated. Only individuals above the age of 18 years old may qualify for the adult program unless otherwise stated. All individuals below the age of 18 would need consent of their parents to attend workshops at HCAC.
- The individual has agreed to pay the full price for the workshop. Participants are required to pay fees in full before the workshop start date. Placement is not secure until payment is received.
- Individuals paying by payment plan have agreed to pay the full amount according to the payment schedule regardless of whether they complete the workshop. Participants who pay via payment plan are aware that this mode of payment is not a means to “test” whether they like a workshop. They agree to pay the full amount regardless.
- There is a non-refundable charge of $50 for every registration.
- Please issue all cheques to “Kamil Haque”. There is a $100 penalty fee for returned cheques.
- Individuals must attend the full duration of the course.
- Individuals must be on time to workshop. Unexcused lateness or more than two unexcused absences may result in suspension from the program.
- Individuals agree to adhere to the expected behaviour outlined in the School’s Code of Conduct.
- Individuals are responsible for their own self-care including their physical and mental health
- Individuals are responsible for bringing in their own props, costumes etc. where necessary.
- Fees paid are transferable subject to approval of the administration.
- Prior to enrolment for specific workshops, individuals may undergo an interview/evaluation process to establish whether the program best suits the individual depending on aptitude, attitude and schedule availability.
- Any photos, footage or written work created in the workshops can and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Upon submission of your registration, you are deemed to have read and understood and accepted all the terms and contained therein.
- Every individual of the School has a right to learn and practice his or her craft in an open, non-threatening and creative environment. The School is strongly committed to fostering a sense of community and all individuals, teachers, and administrators should respect each other as peers in this community.
- The School considers itself a forum for the open exchange of ideas. All individuals have the right to express themselves without a fear of censorship or judgment. Exploration of content dealing with race, gender, sexuality, etc. is allowed, although we aim for such content to be dealt with in a creative, intelligent manner and never in the spirit of hurtfulness or mockery.
- If an individual is ever uncomfortable with the subject matter displayed, performed or referenced or is given an assignment that makes them uncomfortable, they may choose not to participate.
- In order to create an open, non-threatening, creative environment, individuals are asked to agree to certain ground rules in regard to workshop conduct before enrolling in a workshop. Inappropriate workshop conduct includes, but is not limited to:
- Consumption of drugs or alcohol during workshop.
- Wanton destruction of physical workshop space, which includes but is not limited to the walls, chairs, lights, doors, and other School property.
- Inappropriate verbal, physical or sexual conduct with others individuals or the workshop instructor.
- Bringing uninvited guests to the workshop.
- Additionally, individuals are asked to help foster a creative and supportive learning environment without distractions. Since workshop work thrives off of support, individuals are asked to support their colleagues while in the workshop by abstaining from eating, writing or reading text messages, using cellular phones, or talking while their colleagues or teachers are talking.
- Inappropriate conduct will not be tolerated and will result in suspension and removal from the workshop.
- In the event of any dangerous, criminal, or violent behavior at the School or related facilities will result in termination. Termination is final and the individual will not be permitted to take any further workshops at the School.
Cancellation and Refund Policies
- There is a non-refundable charge of $50 admin/registration fee for every cancellation that is to be deducted.
- If the School cancels a course or changes dates after your enrolment, you will be eligible to receive a full refund of the workshop fee.
- All withdrawal requests must be made via email to the administration. Regardless of payment method, all refunds will be issued back to the payee within 21 business days.
- Withdrawal requests received via email after the first session of an 8-week workshop begins will result in a 80% tuition refund + $50 admin/registration fee
- Withdrawal requests received via email after the second session of an 8-week workshop begins will result in a 60% tuition refund + $50 admin/registration fee
- Withdrawal requests received via email after the third session of an 8-week workshop begins will result in a no tuition refund.
- Withdrawal / cancellation requests received via email or phone less than 24 hours before a one-off workshop, masterclass or intensive (defined as any workshop less than 4-weeks in duration) will result in no refund.
- Withdrawal requests are processed during the School’s business hours: Monday through Friday 11am-6pm. Withdrawal requests received after HCAC business hours, during weekends or during holidays will be processed the following business day.
- HCAC offer a referral rebate of $50 off your next workshop for every new student who signs up for a workshop as referred by a current student or alumni of HCAC.
- The referral rebate is only triggered when the referred participant has signed up and paid in full and they have specifically stated the referee’s name during their registration
- All referral rebates have no expiry date.
- There is no limit to the referral rebates you qualify for.
- You may stockpile and use as many or as few reference rebates for any future workshop(s) sign up.
- All rebates you qualify for are only applicable towards future workshop sign ups.
HCAC Membership Card
- The HCAC membership card does not have an expiry date.
- The HCAC card will only be produced and delivered to the student a minimum of 6 weeks from the date of purchase of the card. The delay in time is for administrative processing.
- The HCAC card is not transferrable under any circumstances.
- Students who have the HCAC card will receive periodic updates on HCAC student discount codes.
- In the event that HCAC (the School) considers that a student’s attendance or conduct is unsatisfactory, the School reserves the right to exclude any students from any course at its discretion. In this event, no course fees or deposits are refundable.
- The school may from time to time introduce regulations for better running of the School and all students shall be expected to adhere strictly to all such regulations. If a student is found to be disruptive or the School considers that a student is in breach of any of these terms and conditions or general regulations issued from time to time by the School, the School reserves the right to immediately exclude the student from any course at any time.
Security and Student Protection
- Students participate at their own risk and are obliged to inform the School and its staff of any existing injuries or medical condition. If any student develops a medical condition during a course, details should immediately be notified to the School. If the health of any Student is deemed by the school to be a cause for concern, then the student must undergo a medical check at their own expense to ascertain their medical fitness to continue the course. In the event that the health of any student is or becomes such that the student is unable to complete the course satisfactorily owing to his/her medical condition, then the School reserves the right to require the student to leave.
- Students are obliged to take care of their own belongings. The School can accept no liability for lost or damaged belongings.
- The liability of the School and that of its staff is restricted to class time only and then only to gross negligence.
- Any personal information provided to the school will be processed by the School for the purposes of administration, research, the provision of teaching services in drama, the organisation of performances and for the administration of the School’s statutory obligations under legislation relating to students.
- Students can be assured that the School will not disclose the information to third parties for marketing purposes. The School itself may use this information to provide Students with marketing information.
- By registering for a workshop you are deemed to consent to the use of such Personal Data for the above purposes.
Photography and Recorded Material
- The School reserves the right to use professional photos and videos taken of any students past or present in classes and in productions on publicity materials relating to the School and its work.
- Auditions, rehearsals, classes and performances or any other material may not be recorded or broadcast by any student or public members without the permission of the School.
Limitation of liability
- It shall be the responsibility of all students to maintain adequate personal insurance against their personal belongings at all times. Damage or loss to the School’s property or property hired by the School will remain the responsibility of the Student and must be paid for by the student or students responsible.
- The School does not warrant that any student will have any particular skill or expertise at the end of any course and in particular accepts no liability and does not warrant that the student will secure employment whether full or part time or otherwise.
- Course fees do not include the provision of scripts, performance rights for plays, play texts, clothing for classes, personal DVDs, or any other material.
- Students are expected to cover any extra costs from their own pocket.
More questions? Head over to our FAQ page before contacting us!