Thursday, 7:00pm — 11:00pm
Once payment is successfully made, your slot is confirmed unless we email you to indicate.
A reminder email will be sent nearer to the workshop date to you to prepare for the workshop.
25% Early-bird discount
30% Bundle Discount
25% for all workshops with HCAC Student Card (No Expiry)
Only one discount code can be applied per order
[Attend our Pay-As-You-Wish & Ticketed shows]
Registration is closed.
What is this workshop about?
This workshop is open to anyone from all backgrounds. We welcome both actors and non-actors with an interest in creating an independent performance piece with poetry, storytelling, theatre and movement techniques.
The Body Poetry course will make poetry with words and in the physical being.
Over eight weeks, students gain a deeper understanding of image-making using text as well as movement.
The course will culminate in a showcase.
Technical Run – Date: Fri 15 Dec, 7pm-11pm
About the Public Showcase
Date: Sat 16 Dec, 8pm and Sun 17 Dec, 3pm
Location: 89A Desker Road, Singapore 209611
Minimum age for admission is 16 and above.
Do I get a discount?
Please refer to our early bird promotions.
- Diverse narratives and storytelling methods through time
- Movement and physical image work
- Poetry and Intention work
- Whittling down and exhibiting a concise creation
- Revision, feedback and editing
- Rehearsal and live performance practice
Deborah Emmanuel is a Singaporean writer, performer and four-time TEDx speaker. Her work and dialogue has featured at festivals like Makassar International Writers Festival and Queensland Poetry Festival. She has performed on stage and screen with companies like TheatreWorks, Singapore Repertory Theatre and Mediacorp. Her work has toured Asia, Australia and Europe and featured in numerous publications locally and internationally.
- Finding a voice and the tale you want to tell
- Identifying the purpose and motivation of a creation
- Using poetry devices and crafting dramatic monologue
- Understanding and making metaphors in text
- Moving with honesty and subtlety
- Multidisciplinary intersection - Gain a more nuanced understanding of what it means to tell a story
- Confidence in being an artist (as well as performer)
- Higher confidence in taking creative risks and experimenting
- Making work with more depth and meaning
Registration is closed.