Monday, 7.00pm — 11.00pm
Improv Student Alumni with HCAC Student Card
Only one discount code can be applied per order
“Out of Stock” means the workshop is full.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your Name, Email & Contact Number to request to be on waiting list.
[Attend our Pay-As-You-Wish & Ticketed shows]
25 August 2017
Who is this workshop for?
Everyone. We welcome both actors and non-actors with an interest in the arts.
This workshop is open to anyone from all backgrounds.
Minimum age for admission is 18 and above.
Students should complete the 8-week Lee Strasberg Method Acting (Introduction) Workshop before proceeding to this workshop.
What is the Lee Strasberg’s Method?
An acting technique, Strasberg’s method brings out the inner life of a character. Actors trained in this method use their personal experiences to inhabit characters. They are sensitive to sensory realities. They are truthful. Authentic. Present. And they are more in tune with their physical, mental and emotional instrument.
In this workshop, you will learn to create art that resonates: How do we dissolve unnecessary tension in our body? How do we access our experiences readily? Being watched, how can we perform freely?
During this 8 week programme Kamil will teach Strasberg’s acting fundamentals as a comprehensive and carefully-planned curriculum aimed to develop self-awareness, critical thinking and confidence in actors and non-actors alike.
Our instructor, Kamil, works with every student individually. This means that you’ll receive personalized feedback and assignments that cater to your learning needs. You’ll learn to perform monologues, project your voice, devise scenes, study voice projection techniques and practice sense memory and relaxation exercises.
Do I get a discount? Please refer to our early bird promotions.
Alumni HCAC Students
Previous students who has signed up for this workshop are welcome to join this workshop again.
You will work on new and more advanced materials.
You will receive 50% discount when you repeat this workshop if you have the
HCAC Student Membership card.
- Exploring private moments
- Exploring emotional memory work
- Advanced study of Strasberg’s five scenic elements
- Furthering Strasberg’s relaxation exercises
- Analyzing, rehearsing and performing context-less scenes
- Uncovering and understanding the origins of Strasberg’s practices
Kamil Haque is the founder and Artistic Director of Haque Centre of Acting & Creativity. After 8 years working & coaching in LA Kamil returned to Singapore in 2013 to establish HCAC. He graduated top of his class from the American Musical & Dramatic Academy with a BA(Hons) in Acting. He is also the first and only Asian to be given the privilege to train and then coach at the Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute. Kamil has also been a working observer at the world-renowned The Actor’s Studio, Head Acting Instructor at East West Players and Global Internship Director at the Company of Angels. To date, Kamil has coached over 1000 students, many of which have appeared on stage as well as in film, television shows & national commercials around the world. Please also see this link.
- Origins and inspiration behind Strasberg's Method
- Furthering the physical, mental and spiritual preparation.
- Pair work and ensemble work.
- Scene work and exploration of scenic elements.
- To competently and compellingly analyse and perform a scene using Strasberg’s techniques
- To sensitively control the mental and emotional instrument through relaxation
- Honing the creative process by collaborating with other actors with different working styles
25 August 2017