Monday, 7:00pm — 11:00pm
Out of stock
24 April 2017
Who is this workshop for?
Everyone. We welcome both actors and non-actors with an interest in the arts.
This workshop is open to anyone from all backgrounds.
Minimum age for admission is 18 and above.
What is the Lee Strasberg’s Method?
An acting technique, Strasberg’s method brings out the inner life of a character. Actors trained in this method use their personal experiences to inhabit characters. They are sensitive to sensory realities. They are truthful. Authentic. Present. And they are more in tune with their physical, mental and emotional instrument.
In this workshop, you will learn to create art that resonates: How do we dissolve unnecessary tension in our body? How do we access our experiences readily? Being watched, how can we perform freely?
During this 8 week programme Kamil will teach Strasberg’s acting fundamentals as a comprehensive and carefully-planned curriculum aimed to develop self-awareness, critical thinking and confidence in actors and non-actors alike.
Our instructor, Kamil, works with every student individually. This means that you’ll receive personalized feedback and assignments that cater to your learning needs. You’ll learn to perform monologues, project your voice, devise scenes, study voice projection techniques and practice sense memory and relaxation exercises.
Do I get a discount? Please refer to our early bird promotions.
Alumni HCAC Students
Previous students who has signed up for this workshop are welcome to join this workshop again. You will work on new and more advanced materials.
Free admission for repeat students and is only applicable to the Lee Strasberg’s Method Acting (Introduction) workshop.
- Short lectures on Strasberg’s methodology and the principles of ‘method acting’
- Sense memory exercises
- The importance of relaxation
- Vocal warm-up techniques
- Devised work, monologue work, analysis and performance
- Personal reflection through written work
Kamil Haque is the founder & CEO of the Haque Centre of Acting & Creativity. After 8 years working & coaching in LA Kamil returned to Singapore in 2013 to establish HCAC. He graduated top of his class from the American Music & Drama Academy with a BA Hons in Acting & became the first ever Singaporean as well as the only Asian to be given the privilege to train & coach at the Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute. Kamil has also been a working observer at the world-renowned The Actor’s Studio, Head Acting Instructor at East West Players and Global Internship Director at the Company of Angels. To date, Kamil has coached over 1000 students, many of which have appeared on stage as well as in film, television shows & national commercials around the world. Please also see this link.
- Fundamentals of Strasberg's Method.
- Physical, mental and spiritual preparation.
- Breaking down and performing a monologue.
- Harnessing personal experience and memory for creative expression.
- Self-awareness and self-trust for greater self-confidence.
- Observational powers to aid focus and concentration.
- Greater empathy to relate to those around you both personally and professionally.
- Utilizing personal experience and sense memory for greater creativity.
Out of stock
24 April 2017