Sunday, 10.00am — 6.00pm
Once payment is successfully made, your slot is confirmed unless we email you to indicate.
A reminder email will be sent nearer to the workshop date to you to prepare for the workshop.
Enter ‘earlys1’ at checkout before 1 Dec 2017. Only for 2018 workshops.
Only one discount code can be applied per order
“Out of Stock” means the workshop is full.
Email us at email@example.com with your Name, Email & Contact Number to request to be on waiting list.
[Attend our Pay-As-You-Wish & Ticketed shows]
Registration is closed.
Who is this workshop for?
We welcome both actors and non-actors with an interest in the performing arts.
This workshop is open to anyone from all backgrounds, interested in movement and teamwork. Minimum age for admission is 16 and above.
About this workshop
Life itself has been called the greatest improvisation of all. That is why Improvisational Theatre holds many nuggets of wisdom which can be applied to our lives, both as actors and non-actors.
Improvisational theatre is performance created in the moment. In its purest form, the dialogue, action, story, and characters are created in present time without a prepared, written script. Actors must think on their feet and access their creativity instantaneously.
Our Improv 101 one-day session is an introduction into the basics of improvisation that can enable you to overcome the fear of failure and trust your instincts.
This short intensive provides a holistic view of this form of acting, including performance as well as a deeper understanding of creative writing, storytelling and directing. At the end of this session you will find yourself invigorated with a passion for the spontaneous and creative.
Do I get a discount?
Please refer to our early bird promotions.
- Exercises on spontaneity and creative response from personal truth
- Short, informal lectures on Improvisation
- Character and short scene work
- Personal reflection to achieve an authentic performance
Arnaud has worked with various coaches on various different improv formats for 8 years: from the very narrative style of Keith Johnstone to Del Close’s organic approach through to Viola Spolin’s games-based format. He has performed with a variety of different improv troupes in France, and in national and international festivals. Please also see this link.
- Introduction to the basics of devising, performing and directing an improvised scene
- Harnessing your creative instinct and unique talent
- Creative collaboration and team work through improv team exercises
- Engaging an audience
- Confidence when thinking on your feet and facing the unexpected
- Trust in yourself & your creative instincts
- Conquering the fear of failure and breaking away from a reliance on structure
- Embracing change and spontaneity
Registration is closed.