Friday, 7.00pm — 11.00pm
Saturday, 1.00pm — 9.00pm
Sunday, 1.00pm — 9.00pm
30% Bundle Discount
Purchase any two 8-week workshops with the code “bundledeal”
Only one discount code can be applied per order
“Out of Stock” means the workshop is full.
Email us at email@example.com with your Name, Email & Contact Number to request to be on waiting list.
[Attend our Pay-As-You-Wish & Ticketed shows]
Registration is closed.
Fri, 14 July, 7.00 – 11.00pm
Sat, 15 July, 1.00pm – 9.00pm
Sun, 16 July, 1.00pm – 9.00pm
Fri, 28 July 7.00 – 11.00pm (Technical run)
Who is this workshop for?
Everyone. We welcome both actors and non-actors with an interest in the arts.
This workshop is open to anyone from all backgrounds.
Minimum age for admission is 16 and above. No audition required.
What is this workshop about?
Scott will be teaching physical theatre and devising for performance through:
An introduction to Suzuki Physical Theatre Training
- an introduction to Viewpoints technique
- Exploration in creative writing
- Devising for performance individually
- Devising for performance as an ensembleStudents will be treated as professional artists and introduced to the world of performance through scaffolded training experiences. This is real performance work for courageous humans. These lessons are practical, based on real-world scenarios and the lived experience of professional artists.
Suzuki training is a hyper physical tool for body and breath awareness, speech work and control.
The following Suzuki exercises will be covered in the sessions:
- Stomp and shakuhachi
- Basics 1 & 2
A short description of Viewpoints
Viewpoints is a tool for dialogue between artists to easily develop “wow” moments in performance. It is also one of the best tools for developing rapport between artists, ensemble awareness and states of creativity.
The 9 Viewpoints cover the following physical language:
- kinesthetic response
- Topography/floor pattern
- Spatial relationship
Fri, 28th July 7.00 – 11.00pm (Technical run)
Sat, 29th July – Public Showcase – 2pm and 8pm
Sun, 30th July – Public Showcase – 2pm and 8pm
Development of short presentations in small groups
Performance during a public showcase
Do I get a discount?
Please refer to our early bird promotions.
Payment Plans are available.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Exploration of ideas and expression through dramatic forms of physical theatre
- Develop personal and collaborative skills
- Knowledge, understanding and critical thinking about theatre
- Knowledge of historical and cultural settings that create drama
Scott Wings is an award winning performance artist from Brisbane, Australia, who has toured his one-man shows across the world including Edinburgh Fringe Festival and Adelaide Fringe Festival. His performance style is grounded in the physical theatre training of Suzuki and Viewpoints methods, fusing movement and writing techniques to create one-man shows and ensemble performances. He has trained in Japan with the longest running Butoh organization Dairakudakan (Camel Battleship), New York with SITI Company and in Australia with Zen Zen Zo Physical Theatre. Scott Wings works with text and creative writing as an award winning spoken word artist and comedian. This mix of styles has resulted in Scott Wings’ reputation as an innovative independent performance artist.
- Suzuki Physical Theatre
- Creative Writing
- Develop awareness of body and physicality
- Develop "extraordinary listening" to improve collaboration
- Develop understanding of ensemble capabilities
- Develop methods to enter creative development in self-devising
- Gain confidence in expressing with their own voice
- Develop skills in experimentation, play and flow in the creative process.
- Understand roles of director and performer through devising and attentiveness
Registration is closed.