Sunday, 10am — 6pm
Only one discount code can be applied per order
“Out of Stock” means the workshop is full.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your Name, Email & Contact Number to request to be on waiting list.
[Attend our Pay-As-You-Wish & Ticketed shows]
Registration is closed.
Who is this workshop for?
The amateur and the experienced professional.
It doesn’t matter how experienced you are. While auditioning is a very specific skill set, it is also something that anyone can master.
You must be 16 and over to attend this workshop.
All participant are required to bring in a headshot of themselves that best represents their type as well as a laptop.
About this workshop
The chances of you getting that role is one-in-a-million. And this workshop is here to make that happen.
It is everything any actor needs to know in order to get the job: how to deal with nerves, writing a resume, breaking down the script, sight-reading, performing a monologue, audition etiquette, and evaluating the relationships and competition in the room. This workshop is for actors who want to walk into a rehearsal room prepared and confident – ready to own the game. Knowing how to audition could be the difference between a callback or no call at all.
Do I get a discount? Please refer to our early bird promotions.
- Analyzing and interpreting a script, sides, cold readings, monologues or commercial copy
- What casting directors want to see in the rehearsal room
- The Dos and Don’ts of auditioning
- The mechanisms of show business
Kamil Haque is the founder & CEO of the Haque Centre of Acting & Creativity. After 8 years working & coaching in LA Kamil returned to Singapore in 2013 to establish HCAC. He graduated top of his class from the American Music & Drama Academy with a BA Hons in Acting & became the first ever Singaporean as well as the only Asian to be given the privilege to train & coach at the Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute. Kamil has also been a working observer at the world-renowned The Actor’s Studio, Head Acting Instructor at East West Players and Global Internship Director at the Company of Angels. To date, Kamil has coached over 1000 students, many of which have appeared on stage as well as in film, television shows & national commercials around the world. Please also see this link.
- Eyelines, Stand-ins, Reading with the casting director
- Writing a resume
- Your casting type
- Overcoming nervousness
- Treating the audition as a chance to perform instead of a test
- Make interesting character choices within the given circumstances
- Accepting criticism and feedback from the casting director
- Marketing and branding yourself as an actor
- Increase your ability to stand out in an audition
Registration is closed.