HCAC is excited to present the ‘Acting for Musical Theatre Masterclass’, which will be instructed under the great hands of Nicole Stinton.
Nicole Stinton has 2 decades of experience under her belt, working as professional actor, director, playwright, artistic director, acting teacher and vocal coach all around Asia & Australia.
We ask her 10 questions originally conceptualized by host Bernard Pivot from the French series “Bouillon de Culture”, and made famous by James Lipton, host of “Inside the Actors Studio”.
1. What colour best represents, Nicole Stinton?
Red is definitely one colour that represents me. I find in it passion, emotion, action and celebration.
2. What is your favorite word?
That changes all the time… At the moment it’s actor-musicianship, because I’m reading a fantastic new book by Jeremy Harrison about this very subject!
3. What sound or noise do you hate?
I can’t think of one sound that always disagrees with me. Even if it’s something I don’t like right at a specific time, shift that same sound to another context and I may love it. However, from a visual perspective, I really struggle with hand held cameras in film. This kind of shooting gives me motion sickness.
4. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
“I can” kind of thinking…
5. What turns you off?
“I can’t” kind of thinking….
6. What skill would you like to pick up in your life that you haven’t already?
One day I will learn to play the cello…
7. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
There’s no other profession that I’d like to attempt. I love what I do! When I was younger I did consider becoming a chef. Interestingly (or perhaps not so interestingly…!) it’s the creative side of cooking that really appeals to me. And I suspect that creative aspect is exactly the same one that I use in the theatre-work I do every day…
8. What profession would you not like to do?
Anything that keeps its people physically static, away from natural light and other human beings, and without creative components.
9. What is that one thing that makes you smile whenever you think about it?
Apart from the theatre – Food. I LOVE thinking about it, cooking it, eating it, sharing it with other people and talking about it…
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
When I journey on, I want feel the spiritual world feel that I was, and still am, in-tune, open, available and (as always) creative…