Benji Reid is a an award-winning visual theatre director with a speciality in exploring the relationship between physical theatre and sports. Benji has worked widely with such highly regarded companies as the David Glass Ensemble, Trestle Theatre, Theatr Clwyd and Black Mime Theatre. A multi-talented artist, Benji was also a member of the Broken Glass street crew before formally training in classical ballet, contemporary dance, lighting design and choreography at the Northern School of Contemporary dance.
Let’s get to know (a little bit more candidly) the man who will be conducting the 3-Day Physical Storytelling Masterclass at HCAC this coming February!
We ask him 10 questions originally conceptualized by host Bernard Pivot from the French series “Bouillon de Culture”, and made famous by James Lipton, host of “Inside the Actors Studio”.
1. What colour best represents, Benji Reid?
2. What is your favourite word?
3. What sound or noise do you hate?
The sound of ignorance.
4. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
5. What turns you off?
6. What skill would you like to pick up in your life that you haven’t already?
7. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
8. What profession would you not like to do?
Anything to do with war.
9. What is that one thing that makes you smile whenever you think about it?
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
Uncle Wilfred is here and he is cooking, you have a room with an amazing view. Billie Holiday with be the guest of honour.
And your family are waiting to greet you.
Register for the Physical Storytelling Masterclass today! Registration closes 10 February 2017!