Get to know Arnaud Pierre, instructor of the Comedic Improvisation (Intro) workshop and many of HCAC’s comedy & improvisation workshops. This french acteur and comédian has experience with a number of improvisation formats such as Keith Johnstone, Del Close’s organic approach and Viola Spolin’s games-based format.
Arnaud has performed with a variety of different improv troupes in France, and in national and international festivals. Arnaud arrived in Singapore in 2012, wide-eyed and eager to experience the Improv scene in the Lion City. More about Arnaud and our instructors here.
We ask him 10 questions originally conceptualized by host Bernard Pivot from the French series “Bouillon de Culture”, and made famous by James Lipton, host of “Inside the Actors Studio”.
1. What colour best represents, Arnaud Pierre?
Red. Like theatre curtains, fire and wine. Lots of wine. (If you see a story behind those words, I really like the way your mind works).
2. What is your favourite word?
3. What sound or noise do you hate?
A condom breaking.
4. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
Creativity. Real talented creations that are so obvious you wonder how you didn’t think about it before.
5. What turns you off?
Pusillanimity. Lack of commitment.
6. What skill would you like to pick up in your life that you haven’t already?
Penguin taming. Because that would mean I have a penguin.
7. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
Loop quantum gravity physicist.
8. What profession would you not like to do?
Curator of the Icelandic Phallological Museum.
9. What is that one thing that makes you smile whenever you think about it?
When my cat was fighting a bird. And the bird won.
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
“You are so late !”
Sign up for Comedic Improvisation (Intro) with Arnaud Pierre! Registration closes 1 March 2017.